Network Engineer I
Located in Bend,OR
One of Central Oregon’s top employers is seeking a seasoned Network Engineer to join their team!
Where You Get To Live!
Our client is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon, the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiasts ‘paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6zSKJqalug#at=20
What You Get To Do!
The Network Engineer (NOC) performs entry-level network operational support tasks on existing systems
under direct supervision. Provides support for the implementation of new systems and technologies with a minimum level of complexity.
- Install and configure network infrastructure
- Monitoring network stability
- Troubleshoot and identify root cause and resolution
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks
- Various routine activities related to switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Assist other departments in troubleshooting problems, including client workstations, phones, server equipment and applications, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of new technologies and associated projects
- Report issues/concerns that affect the operational stability of any production system or environment to management
- Participates in on-call rotation, emergency meetings and actions to resolve major outages of server, networking, or telecom
What You Will Need:
- Associate's Degree or 2-4 years of experience in maintaining and supporting Network systems in an enterprise or service provider environment
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification preferred
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills of network functions, including switching, routing and security
- Basic understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and services such as DNS and DHCP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information clearly and professionally (both verbally and in writing) while ensuring that the quality and content of the message are relevant to the circumstances
- Ability to work confidently, effectively and with discretion with all staff levels
- Willingness to work in an ever-changing environment with the ability to positively adapt to organizational, process, and technology changes
- Ability to work effectively with significant supervision
- Exhibit the willingness to be stakeholder-focused by anticipating and understanding stakeholders' needs; collaborate with them to reach a suitable solution; then consistently meet and deliver on those expectations
- The ability to establish and maintain rapport, interact comfortably, and work well with coworkers.
- Passion to be a part of cutting edge team!
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702