Leadership Development Specialist
Located in Bend,OR
Great opportunity to be a part of a growing and progressive team! One of Central Oregon’s top employers is seeking an experience Leadership Development Specialist.
Where You Get To Live!
Our client is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon, the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6zSKJqalug#at=20
What You Get To Do!
The Leadership Development Specialist is responsible for assisting the Senior Leadership Development Specialist with designing, developing, implementing and evaluating leadership training and development programs in accordance with department standards and quality expectations. Works with the LMS team to ensure learning plans are accurate and assigned to the right audience and evaluates off-the-shelf content from vendors. This group supports Performance Management, Succession, Leadership Development, 360s and Coaching for senior leaders.
- Co-facilitate and instruct a variety of training programs using a variety of delivery methods (virtual facilitation, webinars, classroom, coaching etc).
- Provide and support leadership development and training in a variety of subject areas such as: leadership development, coaching skills, presentation skills, team building, and leadership styles (DiSC, MBTI, etc).
- Coordinate training and development projects from start to finish, including needs assessment and analysis of needs assessment, training program design and development, assembly of training material, workshop activities and evaluation, etc.
- Work with SMEs and management teams to facilitate the design and development process and to understand future development needs.
- Design, develop and evaluate leadership development initiatives, materials, methods, leader support systems, facilitation and assessment techniques, and the construction of evaluation methods to promote effective training and level four learning.
- Create tracking tools for specific leadership program components.
- Execute ongoing evaluation of the program and compile results. Track program effectiveness and problem areas and make improvement recommendations.
- Partner in the development of key metrics to track and improve Leadership Development programs to demonstrate effectiveness and better serve the Company.
- Leverage a variety of learning technologies and platforms to ensure effective and efficient program delivery for remote learning including LMS, virtual facilitation, and webinars.
- Support the process of developing and implementing continuous and sustained improvement processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing expansion and development of processes and toolkits.
- Constantly and consistently advocate Company values and model the behaviors by which it is demonstrated.
- Manage the leadership training and development calendar to coordinate workflow and meetings. Schedule and coordinate in-person and off-site training, webinars, online and self-study training.
- Work with the LMS team to keep the Leadership Training & Development Community pages, in the hub (LMS), current and updated.
- Moderate learner communities in the hub , including organization of assets, refreshing materials, answering questions, and updating the site.
- Thoroughly review all deliverables to ensure quality.
- Create, proof and modify documents such as reports, memos, letters and other documents using spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Prepare training materials required for training events.
- Maintain neat, orderly and efficient Leadership Training & Development shared folders at all times.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Leadership Development, Industrial Psychology, or similar area of study preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working with leadership development programs, employee development or instructional design/training development
- A minimum of 3-5 years of facilitation experience; executive coaching experience preferred.
- Certification (preferred but not required) in the following: DiSC, MBTI, Center for Creative Leadership's Reflection, Crucial Conversations, Franklin Covey Programs, Organizational Development Professional Certification, Coaching Certification (IPEC, ICF).
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and practices to include: instructional systems design, curriculum design, performance improvement, performance support systems, adult learning theories, interactive technologies and eLearning design principles, distance learning, self-paced instruction, and evaluation methodologies.
- Proven track record of creating measurably effective leadership development programs.
- Accomplished presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Passion for excellence!
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702