Located in Eureka, CA
Express Employment Professionals is recruiting for a full time Rural Planner to provide company-wide planning assistance/coordination for an amazing company located in beautiful Arcata, CA. This position will provide planning assistance and grant procurement and administration primarily for municipal clients, but will also provide support for private development projects. The successful candidate will have a background in processing current planning applications with some experience in long-range planning. Applicants should be familiar with CEQA/NEPA from a jurisdictional perspective. They will have good working relationships with local, state and federal agencies and familiarity with agency permitting requirements. They will have knowledge and experience researching and applying for grant opportunities, and administration of grants for rural communities. Candidates should be able to give presentations professionally and possess good oral and writing skills. The successful candidate gets along with co-workers and exhibits a willingness to learn and excel in new areas of planning; he or she will fit with the culture of SHN/Streamline Planning.
Are you seeking involvement in significant projects that contribute to a socially responsible, dynamic, and rewarding environment for our clients, employees, and communities? This company places a very high value on deliberately cultivating a strong, positive team culture and hiring team members who will be a good fit within the organizational values and norms. The company invests in professional development for every employee and will help create a structure around achieving goals such as specific technical and professional certifications. While developing YOU, they are also investing back in the local communities served to ensure they are creating the best, most socially responsible environment possible. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow personally and corporately, this company is hard to beat!
• Must be professional, disciplined, self-motivated, and focused
• Have training and experience in planning, grant writing, agency permitting, CEQA/NEPA, and public presentations
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team setting with other professional and technical staff
• Pay attention to detail and have a reliable work ethic
• Demonstrate ability to successfully market technical professional services in an engineering, planning, or other professional services consulting firm, or equivalent (preferred)
• Degree from accredited university or college (Bachelors or Masters Degree) in Rural Planning, or related field (preferred)
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience (preferred)
• Member of professional planning associations and certifications (preferred, and they will help you achieve this goal if you don''t have it yet!)
• Skilled at Word, Excel, GIS, Photoshop, Acrobat (preferred)
• U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Valid California Driver''s license by hire date.
Work will be primarily in the Arcata Office, but frequent interaction and personal travel to Regional Offices in northern California and Southern Oregon will be required at times. The position requires that candidates have the ability to travel up to 20% of normal work hours.
Salary: This position is hourly, commensurate with experience. (A pay range is coming.)
Express Office: Eureka
14 West Wabash Avenue
Eureka, CA 95501