Located in Neenah, WI
Position: Safety Director
Type: Full-time, Professional
Location: Fox Valley Area
Primary functions are to provide technical safety and health support to production and corporate personnel, develop corporate safety and health programs and objectives and coordinate safety training programs, monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations. To fully support the corporate safety vision. Responsible for the safety programs, including the regulatory compliance required for the Federal, state and local governments.
- Provide leadership and direction around all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assure continuity and consistency of safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface with supervisory personnel.
- Participate in developing and conducting safety training programs that are specific to the work environment and including the OSHA standard requirements.
- Work with the Operations Management to drive the need for safety awareness and safe work practices by implementing safety programs and procedures.
- Steer and coordinate the plant safety committees in conjunction with all levels and areas of the organization. Committees should participate in safety audits, injury reviews and safety issues and concerns.
- Review and recommend the requirements necessary for safe practices during the implementation or modification of equipment or processes.
- Assist in calculating and communicating safety performance metrics and goals for the operations and regularly track and report on account and business unit progress against safety goals.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Evaluate and analyze injuries and related trends at plants, and work directly with those operations to establish root causes and corrective actions.
- Work to develop and implement action plans to improve site safety performance.
- Use data to track and measure corrective action and improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to perform effective health and safety employee training.
- Ability to develop, conduct and maintain training programs using lecture, PowerPoint, hands on, or practical methods.
- Possess extensive working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including coaching, confrontation and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety or related field
- 5-7 years hands on plant environment experience in a safety role
- Safety related certification
- Ability to travel up to 15%
To Apply: Call Express Employment Professionals of Green Bay at 920-940-6006, Ask for Kathleen.
Express Office: Green Bay
2740 South Oneida Street
Green Bay, WI 54304