Engineer - Solutions Project Design
Located in Pittsburgh,PA
Position: Engineer - Solutions Project Design
Type: Full-time, Professional
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Summary: A leader in the third-party logistics industry has an immediate opening for a Solutions Project Design Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA. This position is responsible for designing and implementing new facilities, providing assistance to our new business development team for top line growth, analyzing and improving current work processes and layouts, and measuring and documenting best practices.
Responsibilities: Design and implement new facilities including storage and material handling equipment, capital purchases, process design, and labor models.
- Manage projects through the entire project life cycle to achieve on-time and on-budget performance. This includes commissioning of the facility design and ultimate hand-off to operations.
- Support business development teams on design, costing, and presentations to potential customers.
- Support Manager of Project Engineering to prioritize and plan new project requests.
- Analysis of complex problems and synthesis of solutions and demonstrates excellent judgment in technical trade-offs, analyses, and presents clear ROIs.
- Presents analyses and solutions to customers and other team members.
- Develop tools/processes to support operations (ex: labor planning).
- Analyze data and compile results to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Review existing operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams and AutoCAD.
- Review order volume and storage volume data to support operational decisions.
- Communicate with hourly and salaried facility personnel to support above efforts.
- Bachelor degree in industrial engineering or related field with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word and Access skills is required.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Fluency with use and development of layouts using AutoCAD is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Lean Green/Black belt preferred
- Combination of office and on-site work with the ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the United States and Canada (additional international travel may also be required)
To Apply: Call Express Employment Professionals of Green Bay at 920-940-6006, Ask for Kathleen
Express Office: Green Bay
2740 South Oneida Street
Green Bay, WI 54304