DIRECT HIRE: Marketing and Sales Manager
Located in Virginia Beach,VA
Express Employment Professionals is a leading recruiter and staff provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees. Founded in 1983, Express today employs hundreds of thousands of people across nearly 700 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vision, to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. The Virginia Beach Express office has placed over 3,000 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. There is never a fee to our applicants.
Our client, a computer software and fleet services company, is looking for a Marketing & Sales Manager to join their team. They are a growing company that has been providing, for over 30 years, a mission-critical system that is the life's blood of their customer's operations. This client is experiencing record growth as a result of their new Web-Based product-line. Their sales success has resulted from providing the best technology solution on the market combined with the best technical support.
This is a Direct Hire, permanent position. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Projects: Some of the strategic and tactical marketing projects you and your Team will engage in are:
- Produce a new public web site.
- Evolve secure customer web site.
- Produce training and marketing videos.
- Build and maintain an industry price comparison library and insure pricing is maximized for customer value and profit.
- Manage the upcoming 5-year renewal of the Company's GSA contract.
- Evaluate the continued use of SalesForce or other sales/CRM systems.
- There will be other important marketing projects you and our Management Team will identify.
Day to Day Activities: In addition to the exciting projects listed above, your Team will also be responsible for day to day activities such as:
- Fulfill the RFP response process:
Provide coaching and insight as your Team's Software Sales Engineer manages sales stages of active sales opportunities.
Publish two quarterly newsletters.
Maximize trade show impact through effective trade-show booth display and on-site management of our 4-major trade shows and minor presence at small shows. We are the prime sponsor of two major industry shows and have a presence at many other shows.
Manage existing procurement methodologies such as GSA and identify additional useful procurement vehicles such as buy-boards.
- Monitor Industry RFPs through RFP notification services and networking.
- Insure excellence in our response and increase our win rate.
- Over-see the Team's Technical Writer's and SME's contributions to the RFP response process.
- Implement an RFP response tool (such as Qvidian) to improve efficiency. Fulfill pricing proposals/quotes.
Minimum Required Career Experience:
- Minimum 5-years' experience managing a marketing or sales team.
- Minimum 5-years supervising at least two content creation professionals.
- Minimum of 3-years directly writing or supervising the writing of sales proposals.
- Minimum 3-years' management experience that involved you procuring marketing services and advertising.
- Supervised the building or maintaining of at least two different web sites.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent job experience).
Required to accompany resume:
- Along with your resume, please send an email that includes (no need to be formal):
- Attach two content pieces for which you supervised the creation or provide the links for two different web sites for which you supervised content creation.
- Briefly describe two examples of marketing services or advertising you purchased. Include approximate cost.
- Briefly describe at least two different sales opportunities that had a value greater than $50,000 for which you supervised or wrote a sales proposal.
- Proven track record writing/editing marketing materials.
- Attention to detail that can be responsible for proposals that range in value from $100K to $500K.
- Dynamic change agent who can manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Able to collaborate with Management to create sales materials that maintain brand consistency and reflect collective wisdom related to messaging.
- Able to provide ROI analysis for sales and marketing investments.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- Experience in hardware or software fields
Please do not apply if you do not currently live in or plan on moving to the Hampton Roads area. This position requires that you work out of the client's offices in Virginia Beach.
Salary and bonuses will be commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: please email an up to date resume (in a Word Document or other editable format such as a PDF) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Marketing & Sales Manager, K022) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455