Chief Engineer Commercial Real Estate- Midtown
Located in Atlanta, GA
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in establishing and implementing preventive maintenance program for the associated building systems, facilities, and equipment, some of which may be customer equipment.
- Safety manager for the engineering department which encompasses identifying safety training needs; coordinating training as well as maintaining records. Must have a good understanding of OSHA compliance and other safety practices.
- Manage and schedule engineering personnel to fulfill day-to-day maintenance activities, as well as special projects and emergency situations.
- Prepare the annual operations budget within specified operating parameters as well as periodic reports relating to prepared budget such as variance and forecasting reports along with detailed utility analysis.
- The Chief Engineer shall participate in the day-to-day financial management of the designated operating accounts assigned with specific attention to payroll and accounts payable.
- Assist in negotiating contracts for various building and customer services, interacting with and supervising contract personnel as necessary.
- Coordinate on-site construction activities, attend construction meetings, review plans, and ensure Local, State and Federal code compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining base building supply, tool, and equipment inventory and possibly customer equipment.
- Obtain competitive pricing for materials, goods, and services, and reviews invoices upon receipt to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise engineering staff and promote the safe and effective use of labor resources.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual engineering reports, relative to capital projects, major repair, maintenance, and utility data
- Maintain blueprints, specifications and maintenance manuals for the property.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with extensive owner reporting requirements.
- Research and recommend new technology for repair and/or capital replacement of obsolete building systems.
- Responsible for staying current in technology through training seminars, literature, continuing education and trade organizations.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with customer relations.
- A high school diploma is required.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing high rise Class A Commercial Office Property’s over 500,000 square feet.
- 5+ years in a leadership role required.
- Certified “Universal” refrigerant recovery HVAC technician.
- Professional designation is preferred in the field of study of your job duties.
- Must have the knowledge to perform the duties building engineers are required to do and may be called upon to perform on an as needed bases. This includes the ability to teach others these functions in a competent and professional manner.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Local and State building codes and regulations.
- Must possess ability to identify structural and mechanical issues, collect and extrapolate data, draw valid conclusions and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Must work well with others and interact positively with customers.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Must have the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently and achieve the required results.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Express Office: Atlanta (Buckhead)
3525 Piedmont Road Northeast
8 Piedmont Center
Atlanta, GA 30305