Located in Champaign, IL
We are seeking accountants who are outgoing, self-motivated with strong communication and analytical skills looking for a wide variety of work experiences and challenges. We serve a wide variety of entrepreneurial businesses and their owners . Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a staff accountant to provide tax support for our client base and to grow with us.
- Communicate directly with clients regarding routine questions and collect necessary information for tax return and planning projects.
- Prepare C and S corporation, partnership, individual, gift tax return and non-profit tax returns, including tax planning.
- Assist with calculation and preparation of estimated/extension tax payments
- Assist with income tax issue that may arise
- Assist with tax issues correspondence
- Conduct tax research projects
- Collect data in responding to income tax audits
- Assist in preparation of internal financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly and year end payroll tax returns
- Collaborate with staff on client projects.
- Participate in several engagements simultaneously
- 5 to 7 years of experience in public accounting or in tax preparation
- Proficient in Quickbooks (BNA/ProSystems/CCH Research are a plus)
- Work under pressure and tax season deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking of projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters in a tactful and discreet manner
- Time management
- Self-motivated, ability to think independently
- Inquisitive, with a strong desire to learn
- Willingness to put in additional hours as needed
- Pleasant with colleagues and clients
- Knowledge in Securities and Commodities a plus
Qualified and interested applicants please contact Ryan at (217) 353-5312.
Express Office: Champaign
1001 North Mattis Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821