Located in Griffin,GA
Primary Job Functions:
- Repairs and maintains specialized machinery and equipment with integrated electrical and mechanical components.
- Uses the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to receive work orders and record parts used.
- Interprets electrical and mechanical diagrams to understand operation of various equipment.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and test equipment problems. Performs periodic inspections of equipment and works vendors to acquire materials and supplies for repairs.
- Works with manufacturing production employees to sets, calibrate, or adjust equipment, machinery, and instruments for compliance with production specifications or instructions.
- Maintains detailed maintenance records so that recurring problems with machinery, equipment, or parts can be identified and addressed.
- Performs equipment failure analyses including preventative and unscheduled maintenance. Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield.
- Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The minimum education and experience required to successfully perform the essential functions. Preferred requirements can also be included in this section.
Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance and three years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC and HVAC experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Working knowledge of clutch/brake systems
- Ability to replace timing belts and adjust for proper mechanical or electrical timing
- Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical wiring schematics
- Ability to read, trouble shoot and make basic modifications to PLC ladder logic
- Ability to run conduit, (EMT, Rigid, PVC and Flex),
- Ability to solder copper pipe
- Proficiency with computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC systems including refrigerant handling skills
Express Office: Griffin (Atlanta Metro)
712 West Taylor Street
Griffin, GA 30223