Located in Fredericksburg,VA
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS and REPORTING:
The Billing Lead is an employee classification and of full-time status. The Billing Lead reports to the Billing Director or Assistant Billing Director.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the billing for their assigned states.
- Work closely with other departments and State Directors to resolve issues.
- Answering calls from agencies regarding questions to billing
- Calling regional managers with questions to the authorizations and billing and working with them to resolve any issues.
- Approve billing before running claims.
- Run process for producing claims.
- Setup rates, services, payers and any other functions in the billing systems
- Learn new programs for billing.
- Support the Billing Director and Assistant Billing Director
- Cover any billing specialist task when necessary.
- Train staff on new tasks.
- Utilize computer reports.
- Attend meetings to work on issues and to obtain updated information.
- Focus on Customer Service.
- Any other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment in an organized manner with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to manage tasks.
- PCMS and Excel.
- Must Type 55+ wpm
- Previous billing experience in medical/health related field.
A minimum of a High School degree, equivalent or higher.
And two years of experience in a medical or health related field required.
Express Office: Stafford
233 Garrisonville Road
Suite 102 1/2 and 103
Stafford, VA 22554