Pick and Pack
Located in Temple,TX
Find your ideal career with us! Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider and recruiting firm. We are seeking energetic Pick and Packer with a desire in finding long-term employment opportunities with a company that is known for its great benefits and long tenured staff.
Local Temple company seeking qualified individuals to work in fast paced environment in the Pick and Pack Department. This position is an evaluation to hire position. Looking to hire immediately!
- Reads customer order, work order, or shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or shipped.
- Assist in shipping and receiving (as needed) unloading trucks, checking in merchandise using receiving documents, matches and reviews purchase orders to packing lists to ensure all required items are included; documents information relating to receipt, storage or distribution of materials for processing.
- Operate forklift and/or manual pallet jack for moving or storing material.
- Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product item number.
- Fills work orders or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Packs, crates, and ships product and material to distribution center, departments, and vendors. Includes, shrink wrapping, boxing and labeling. Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method; i.e. Bar codes
- Assist in cycle counts of physical inventory. Keeps warehouse and work area organized at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous warehouse experience including picking, packing and receiving is preferred but not required
- May require some use of a computer. Preferably previous experience and/or training with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; computerized shipping/tracking programs such as FedEx and UPS Online.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Comply with safety rules and practices
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more
- Must be reliable and ready to work
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center: work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Day Shift - 7:00am until finished, must be available to work required OT as needed
- Day Shift - 8:00am until finished, must be available to work required OT as needed
- Night Shift - 9:00pm until finished, must be available to work required OT as needed
- Night Shift - 10:00pm until finished, must be available to work required OT as needed
In addition to submitting your online application resumes in Microsoft Word format can be submitted to:
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501