Located in Temple, TX
Find your ideal career with us! Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider and recruiting firm. Looking to hire immediately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants and distribution center.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Comply with company rules, regulations, and safety practices as well as any local, state, or federal job-related regulations.
- Promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Ability to drive long hours
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- DOT Physical Examination and Medical Card required
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the member is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear, use hands and/or fingers to handle, touch objects assemble parts, utilize tools or controls
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, carrying and moving parts, materials, and product
- Ability to perform tasks at a standard velocity
- Must have hand and foot coordination to control and adjust equipment or tools
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess a high level of motivation
- A concern for quality and safety
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to sustain a steady work pace and follow a schedule
- Ability to withstand extreme heat during summer season, at times reaching over 100 degrees
In addition to submitting your online application resumes in Microsoft Word format can be submitted to:
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501