Located in Waco,TX
Monday-Thursday, 7:30AM-5:30PM and off every FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY!!!
$14.40/hr. to start.
Interested candidates MUST have experience working in an Apartment Complex office or, have experience working with Section 8 and HUD programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for implementing the complete leasing cycle under the Section 8 Certificates and Voucher program. Performs a variety of tasks related to the Section 8 leasing cycle.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Interviews applicants, obtains, verifies and calculates all sources of income and resources to determine financial eligibility of applicants.
- Conducts yearly reviews of residents' family income and make-up of household members to determine continued eligibility and benefit level and processes adjustments when warranted.
- Issues Certificate and/or Voucher from waiting lists or transfers.
- Calculates rents and executes Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts.
- Receives and reconcile funds owed to the agency by repayment agreement or damage claim.
- Maintain resident and landlord files and documents historical log for each resident.
- Answers resident and landlord inquire and provides information on status of rent, damage claims, property corrections, etc.
- Pulls files for re-examinations, makes revisions, calculates rent adjustments, notifies resident and landlord orally and/or in writing of changes and schedules appointment for re-exam conferences, etc.
- Requests and schedules appointment for inspections/re-inspections and prepares inspection form.
- Prepares data sheet for accountants.
- Establish and maintain contact with community social service agencies, gather information and refer residents as necessary.
- Counsel residents and assists in resolution of problems between owners and residents.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering telephone, general typing, filing and mailing correspondence.
- Performs other related Section 8 duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High School graduate of GED.
- Three to five years of experience in related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, business English and basic arithmetic.
- Some knowledge of standard bookkeeping principles, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of HUD and Authority policies, procedures and practices pertaining to the Section 8 programs.
- Skill in operating general office machines and computers.
- Ability to communicate and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds and abilities and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and residents.
- Bondability, valid Texas driver's license and eligibility for coverage under fleet auto insurance.
- Prefer bilingual English/Spanish candidates.
Express Office: Waco
Waco, TX 76710