Assistant Head Teller
Located in Utica, NY
Credit Union is seeking an Assistant Teller to assist the Head Teller in the daily supervision of the teller area. Responsible for performing the head teller duties in the absence of the Head Teller. Perform all teller functions as well as solve problems and help with complex work-related matters. Guide and advise tellers in the efficient handling of member needs.
- Assist Head Teller in handling teller activities to ensure accurate and prompt member service.
- Serve as a mentor to tellers, leading through a positive example of professional conduct. Ensure that tellers are following all credit union policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the vault, including vault security and balancing, to assist or in the absence of the Head Teller
- Assist the Head Teller to ensure that security policies and procedures are followed.
- In the absence of the Head Teller, is responsible for cash management, ensuring supply of money is sufficient to meet business demands while staying within the guidelines and cash limits prescribed in Board Policy 7.01 Change Funds and Disbursement of Funds.
- Assist the Head Teller with daily proving of ATM deposits. Assist with daily balancing of ATM cash, and replenishing ATM cash as needed. Includes preparing and posting associated general ledger transactions.
- Assist the Head Teller with Returned Check processes as necessary.
- Assist the Head Teller in performing monthly teller audits according to Teller Procedures.
- Must have high school education or equivalent.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must possess keyboard and computer experience.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Minimum of 6 months experience is required.
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502