Community Home Repair Specialist
Located in Asheville, NC
Non-profit Community Home Repair Specialist
Join our dedicated team as a Non-profit Community Home Repair Specialist and make a meaningful impact in the lives of community members. As a key team member, you will play a crucial role in assessing and managing home repair projects for individuals in need. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the well-being of our community while utilizing your skills in home repair and construction. You will be working with our community in Buncombe, Yancey, Rutherford, and McDowell Counties.
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of the position and begins in the $50,000 range based on a 37.5-hour work week.
Benefits include health, dental, and life insurance, short-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan, 12 paid holidays, and accrued vacation and sick time.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Engage with community members to identify home repair needs.
• Coordinate and supervise contractors to ensure quality and timely repairs.
• Manage agency’s contact with homeowners, including any subcontractors.
• Complete all necessary documents.
• Follow all OSHA, HIPAA, and county requirements.
• Conduct on-site assessments of homes requiring repair or improvement.
• Perform inspections to determine the scope of work needed.
You’ll succeed if you have:
• Previous experience in construction or home repair (requirement)
• Ability to collaborate with local contractors on projects.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to be self-motivated to prioritize tasks and manage time to complete tasks
• Compassionate and dedicated to making a positive impact in the community.
To apply, please have:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid NC Driver’s license
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Previous construction experience is required
• Ability to lift and carry moderate loads as necessary for project requirements.
What to know more? Think your technical skills and servant heart is right for this position? Give us a call at or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws. This philosophy reflects the organization’s belief that providing equal opportunities for all is both a moral responsibility and good business practice. People of color and people of all national origins, genders, gender identities, sexual preferences, ages, disabilities, and other diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803