Machinist - $33/Hr (Rotating 2nd and 3rd Shift)
Located in New Hartford, NY
One of our clients is looking for two machinists to join their growing team.
The primary functions of the machinist will be to set-up and operate various types of machine tools, such as lathes, drill press, milling, grinders and radial drills. They will also need to be able to read blue prints and sketches.
Machinist Working Procedure:
- § Receives instructions, prints, sketches, and Work Orders.
- § Lays out and performs various machining operations working from prints and sketches, determining working procedure.
- § Checks incoming material from outside machinists to see that it conforms to specifications.
- § Make sketches of parts to be machined, as required.
- § Using machinist’s handbooks makes his own calculations as required regarding fits and tapers.
- § Chooses the proper tool for any particular jobs and maintains tool in proper condition to perform the job efficiently.
- § Works to precision tolerances and finishes, as specified adjusting stops, feeds, and speeds, using precision measuring instruments.
- § Assembles fixtures performing the necessary fitting and aligning to close tolerances.
- § Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Shifts: Rotating 2nd & 3rd Shifts (3pm to 11:30PM and 11:00PM to 7:30AM)
Please visit www.expressmohawkvalley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at 315-790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502