Operator II $20
Located in Brockton, MA
Great company with growth opportunity!
POSITION PURPOSE: The Production Operator II works daily to support production of medical foods and formula. Assignments are frequently repetitive but additionally utilize basic hand-held and manual equipment. Demonstrated initiative is required to attain skill level commensurate with required equipment and assignments. Work is performed under close supervision.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; food and beverage manufacturing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow work instructions, as well as Safety, Quality, and Company policies
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to visually and physically sort, count, pack, and palletize, raw materials and finished goods
- Ability to work with hand-held, manual, and moving equipment i.e., conveyors, case packing, pallet jacks and other machinery
- Ability to use a tape gun, date coder, box cutter and other small tools
- Ability to recognize number sequences, lot numbers, date codes, and other data visually and accurately
- Ability to visually detect, identify, and effectively communicate product deviations to lead or manager
- Ability to stand on concrete floors and perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on occasion
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment in accordance with Quality and Safety policies
- Ability to work independently with instruction and work in a diverse, fast paced, cross functional team environment
- Ability to be flexible and take on assignments as required
- Ability to interact well with other staff members and in alignment with company’s overall goals
- Ability to have a positive, can-do attitude, strong work ethic and be reliable and punctual
- Ability to maintain company confidential data
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position works in a food manufacturing environment and requires the ability to adhere to all GMP, Food Safety, workplace safety and security policies including wearing required personal protective equipment, as well hair net, beard net, etc. as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position requires the ability to perform repetitive motions with hands and fingers, walk, stand on concrete floors, regularly lift to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds.
- Safely and accurately operates manual equipment; i.e, pallet jack, case packers
- Label, count, sort, pack, and palletize raw materials and finished goods
- Accurately complete daily production data collection forms
- Maintain clean and organized work area at all times
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Demonstrate continuous improvement mindset to improved procedures and processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Mon-Fri, 6am start. Pay is $20/hr.
Express Office: Braintree
100 Grandview Road
Braintree, MA 02184