Tax Senior public accounting
Located in Minneapolis, MN
Express Employment Professionals has partnered with a high-level CPA firm in the Twin Cities that believes in teamwork and in treating each other with care and respect. Immediate need for a Tax Senior! Easy to access located in the Twin Cities, on a hybrid schedule of 3 days in office and 2 remote.
If you have two to five years of public accounting experience, a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and completion of hours to sit for the CPA exam this is the opportunity for you!
· Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience
· B.A. Accounting
· Completion of hours to sit for the CPA exam (if licensed, must be a member in good standing with AICPA)
What to Expect as a Tax Senior:
Seniors work closely with shareholders and staff on all phases of a project and engagement management for multiple clients. Seniors often lead one or more Staff, instruct them in work to be performed, review completed work, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters. Seniors perform most work assigned with minimal assistance.
· Preparing more complex individual, corporate, partnership and various other tax returns for clients within specified hours and assigned due dates.
· Applying technical tax principles to practical business problems.
· Preparing completed and organized tax file including appropriate supporting documentation for the tax return.
· Gathering data from client, audit department, and third-party sources.
· Checking data input or verifying totals on forms prepared by Staff to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
· Making recommendations to staff on return preparation.
· Performing and appropriately documenting tax research projects.
· Consulting tax law handbooks or bulletins in order to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
· Researching technically complicated tax problems and document results.
Preparing tax provisions in the field with management during audit.
· Responding to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
You are a good fit for the Tax Senior role if:
· You believe in your own ability to get things done and be successful while maintaining open communication with your team.
· You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and can effectively articulate both the big picture and the details.
· You enjoy the challenge of new and changing tax law and determining how it will impact your clients, the firm, and the industry.
· You focus on client service and believe that how you represent yourself represents the firm as a whole.
· Two to five years of public accounting experience demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax knowledge.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, completion of hours to sit for the exam, or you are a CPA (if licensed, must be a member in good standing with AICPA).
· Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs and Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work in Minneapolis office an average of 3 days a week.
· Occasional same-day travel for work at client’s offices and seminars.
Direct Hire - Full Time – Salary $65,000 to $85,000 Depending on Experience – hybrid schedule Excellent Benefits
Beautiful location with easily accessible amenities!
Apply to www.expresspros.com and submit to Chanhassen.
We look forward to working with you!
Express Office: Chanhassen
2679 West 78th Street
Chanhassen, MN 55317