Utility Field Tech - Water Reclamation Facility
Located in Bradenton, FL
Express Employment Professionals is currently hiring for a Utility Field Tech with a municipality located in the Bradenton, FL area. $15-27.90/hr
- Directs and participates in the work of Operator Trainee involved in the operation and minor maintenance of the plant, trains and provides technical assistance to shift assistants.
- Performs all of the duties of an Operator Trainee, makes changes in plant operations to conform with quality control standards, records plant operating data and reports serious deviations from normal operations to the Chief Operator, enforces safety regulation.
- Operates a water or wastewater treatment plant and related facilities; makes operating process changes based upon routine tests and gauge and meter readings; operates water or wastewater treatment units including sludge handling, dewatering and disposal.
- Makes log entries, changes charts and recording sheets, inspects motors, bearings, and gear boxes for overheating and proper lubrication, takes temperature of sludge and effluent at various stages, uses meter and gauge readings to determine performance of equipment, performs preventive maintenance and limited repairs.
- Collects samples at various stages of processing and runs routine tests.
- Operates and inspects water or wastewater treatment plant, pumping stations and related facilities, starts and stops pumps, regulates valves and observes flow dials. Reads gauges and records information shown.
- Diagnoses and corrects mechanical and electrical problems, performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs, contacts maintenance personnel for major repairs, may assist in disassembling, repairing and reassembling pumps, and equipment as required, maintains and calibrates meters and testing equipment.
- Draws samples of water for test and analysis, checks and adjusts chemical feeders in accordance with the prescribed standards, washes filters periodically.
- Conducts visual inspections of working apparatus and grounds, may perform housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, washing windows, painting and light building maintenance.
- Perform duties as assigned through work orders.
- Keep basic records; perform computer data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of water or wastewater processing equipment and related plant equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps and controls, motors, gears, diesel generators, chlorinators, and other equipment.
- Knowledge of laws regulating water or wastewater treatment.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry and laboratory procedures as applied to water/wastewater processing.
If interested, call the Bradenton Express Employment Professionals office at 941-753-0034 to complete an application and interview – all over the phone.
Express Office: Bradenton
5895 53rd Avenue East
Bradenton, FL 34203