Great opportunity for Machine Builder / Mechanical Assembler/ HVAC professional-
Day shift- Indoor environment only-Possibility to grow within team-oriented company
Our Hamilton based client is a mission critical provider of customized power, cogeneration and trigeneration solutions. They have a 30 year track record of providing solutions that are manufactured and designed to operate reliability in the harshest environments with various battery technologies and racking systems. They are growing rapidly and need to add several key workers to their employee base.
Overview of Opportunity
The Machine Builder's primary function is to build and assemble machinery and enclosures.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Handle, move, load, and unload material, mostly heavy metal, by hand or using a variety of material handling equipment, including forklifts and overhead cranes in a manufacturing environment.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, product specifications, and understand tolerances to determine assembly operations.
- Rig, hoist, move and align large (up to 40 tons) subassemblies and components to storage areas or within the worksite using overhead cranes and forklifts using established safety precautions.
- Fit and assemble simple and complex parts to build heavy industrial machinery and equipment according to drawings and product specifications.
- Install major components using hand and power tools.
- Thread and install piping and pipe spools using engineering assembly drawings.
- Install/bend mechanical tubing from engineering assembly drawings
- Inspect, test, examine and investigate parts, subassemblies, and finished products to ensure quality and detect irregularities and malfunctions.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a heavy industrial equipment environment, preferably within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, or Mining sector.
- HVAC experience would be considered
- Experience assembling the large parts and working steel sheet metal /pipefitting
- Must have own tools
Monday - Friday from 7 AM to 3.30 PM
Work location: indoor on site at Hamilton facility