Our Hamilton based client is a mission critical provider of customized power, cogeneration and trigeneration solutions. They have a 30 year track record of providing solutions that are manufactured and designed to operate reliability in the harshest environments with various battery technologies and racking systems. They are growing rapidly and need to add several key workers to their employee base.
Overview of Opportunity
The primary function is to layout, position, align, fit and secure large and complex structural components and framing based on technical drawings, schematics, welding process specifications, TIG welding on carbon steel, and other documentation in a manufacturing environment.
1. Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and welding process specifications, including the interpretation of welding symbols and tolerances in fractions, decimals, and metric dimensions.
2. Rig, hoist, and move materials to storage areas or within the worksite using overhead cranes and tow motors using established safety precautions.
3. Prepare work staging area and construct patterns or jigs/templates as guides for layouts.
4. Determine the materials required, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal most efficiently. Lay out reference points and patterns on heavy metal according to specifications.
5. Assemble and fit metal sections and plates to form complete units or subunits using tack welding, bolting, riveting or other methods.
6. Set up and operate various heavy-duty metal-working machines cutting using saws, ironworkers, torches, plasma and gouging, manual or semi-automatic welding machines, and grinders.
7. Brace weldments to minimize distortion from welding and perform heat straightening of weldments. Perform dimensional inspections
8. Provide feedback on design improvements through communication with the Foreman and assist in preparing Engineering Change Request.
9. Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed following the Occupational Health and Safety Act and participate in regular safety talks. Perform a visual inspection of equipment, including cranes, welding machines, cutters, and other tools, to ensure they are in safe working condition.
10. Perform the duties of Welder (separate job descriptions) as demand requires.
Job Specific Qualifications & Requirements
1. A minimum of 2 years of equivalent work experience in a large/heavy custom steel fabrication environment.
2. Preference to graduates of a credited Welder Fitter program and/or completion of college or vocational/technical training. Valid and current CWB Welding Tickets are mandatory.
3. Possess a welding hood and other required PPE
Monday - Friday from 7 AM to 3.30 PM
Work location: indoor on site at Hamilton facility