Located in Columbia, SC
A health insurance agency is hiring Operations Analyst.
Pay: $20- 24/hr
- Under general supervision, analyzes proposed policies, procedures, forms, and reports.
- Recommends operational improvement through standardization, simplification, discontinuance and other methods.
- Recommends installations of new systems/procedures.
- Reviews organizational functions and structure to avoid overlapping or duplication.
- May provide security administration to application supported by area when the appropriate written and approved request is received.
- Evaluates existing procedures and processes to make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors reports to assess the impact of performance on key measures.
- Provides reports and/or analyses of internal performance metric for various projects as well as for individual performance against those metrics.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of systems or processes to include testing.
- May manage and relay the purpose, scope, and status of each implementation to management.
- Develops and maintains written procedures within departmental and organizational standards.
- May document and streamline automated procedures into end-user training material.
- Conducts workflow and process audits of staff and reference materials as needed.
- Works with staff and manager to research and document errors, progress, performance or other metrics to assess efficiency.
- Provides training for new employees and ongoing training as workflow efficiencies are revised.
- Generates data to prepare reports and maintain databases and/or requests reports on specific statistics in order to analyze trends.
- Maintains area reports. Quality check records affecting accuracy of reports by researching and testing processes and methods.
- Maintains close contact with management to provide updates on any issue/projects.
- Completes special projects and informs management of any trends or changes in statistical reports.
- May serve as liaison between the department and other internal/external groups.
Typical office environment. Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree or associate Degree and 2 years of project management, data analysis, business planning or other job-related experience OR 4 years combined education and job-related experience.
- Required Work Experience: 2 years of data analysis or related operations experience.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree-in Business, Healthcare or other job related field. Preferred Work Experience: 2 years-of healthcare or insurance data analysis experience.
- Strong communication, project management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of acceptable internal standards and methodologies. Strong analysis skills.
- Able to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Able to provide support in developing and implementing process improvements.
- Required Software and Tools: Microsoft Office. Preferred Software and Other Tools: DB2 skills.
- Term Life
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
Apply today! or call us for an interview: 803-788-8721
Express Office: Columbia
9557 Two Notch Road
Columbia, SC 29223