Located in Columbia , SC
A health insurance agency is hiring qualified Subrogation specialist.
- Identifies and pursues subrogation and workers compensation recoveries.
- Manages a workload of approximately 500 cases and the collection of approximately (USD)1,000,000 annually.
- Analyzes laws, regulations, and contract language concerning the pursuit of subrogation and workers compensation reimbursements.
- Reviews claims history to determine the lien amount and assert lien against interested parties based on applicable laws.
- Negotiates with attorneys, liability carriers, and members for final settlement.
- under supervision of managing attorney, argues relevant subrogation laws concerning Erisa pre-emption, common fund rule, made whole rule, and other doctrines.
- Reconciles monies recovered.
- Maintains effective public relations with external and internal units by providing accurate and prompt responses to inquiries.
- Required Work Experience: 1 year of claims processing, customer service or research/analysis experience.
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- Prior insurance experience with liability insurance companies (Allstate, Nationwide, Geico) preferred.
- Prior claims experience with health insurance companies preferred.
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
Benefits of Working with Express:
- Health, Vision, Dental, Term-life, and Short-Term Disability insurance available
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Pay
Interested? apply now! or call 803-788-8721
Express Office: Columbia
9557 Two Notch Road
Columbia, SC 29223