Injection Mold Process Technician
Located in Howell, MI
Express Employment is hiring to fill an off-shift Plastics Process Technician position in Livingston County. Join a team that leads in large tonnage injection molding in the Southeast!
Schedule: Position is off shift: 2nd or 3rd shift based on candidate preference.
Compensation: Position starting at $24-$29/hr. B.O.E.
About the company/equipment: Capabilities up to 4400 tons of clamping force and have multiple machines to complete this.
- Start-up and maintain molding machines for production by entering data per approved setup sheets.
- Responsible for part quality coming off of press.
- Critical Success Factor on process setups must be followed.
- Submit first piece article to the Quality Department for approval (QA-0100 Press Floor Audit Checklist)
- Monitor setup operation for new jobs for presses (mold setting – material change – first piece process, auxiliary equipment, all functions are operating correctly, and a PM tag is attached to mold).
- Follow defined work instructions, ensuring that process changes are documented on the Setup Change Log when outside of established parameters.
- Develop new process setups for mold/press.
- Develop water and clamping diagrams when needed.
- Monitor accuracy of process setups throughout shift.
- Stop production and/or delivery if necessary to correct quality problems.
- Ensure that all machines are running at approved cycle.
- Troubleshoot and answer machine alarms to improve production and reduce downtime.
- Ensure secondary equipment is hooked-up and working.
- Make adjustments to equipment as needed (robots, press control panel, etc.)
- Assist the Mold Setter with setting molds as needed, assist with the on-going training of Mold Setters, and train mold setters to process as requested.
- Checking the auxiliary equipment to ensure it is operating correctly, everything is functioning, and a Green PM tag is attached.
- Maintain zone area and assist other zones when requested.
- Maintain the QMS as it pertains to area of responsibility.
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Have flexibility to complete projects assigned.
- Use correct PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – Safety glasses; Safety Sleeves; Heat resistant gloves, etc.
- Monitor daily schedule for mold and material changes.
- Direct material changes.
- Use appropriate safety equipment.
- Attend team meetings as required.
To apply: Send resumes to this posting or call/text (517)546-5627 ask for Dio Rodriguez
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114