Accountant - Sales Tax
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
What You Get to Do!
The Sales Tax Associate Accountant is responsible for prepping and filing tax returns for several jurisdictions and assisting with the overall indirect tax compliance and training. This position works closely with the stores to answer invoicing and exemption questions and will act as a subject matter expert for department and company initiatives.
· Collects, verifies, archives and retrieves sales tax exemption documentation. Reviews exemption documentation for accuracy and follows up with stores to improve compliance.
· Prepare sales and use tax returns for multiple tax jurisdictions. Build tax reports by jurisdiction to prepare, file and pay taxes due.
· Work with system generated reports to determine if the correct amount of tax was charged to our customers. Review use tax reporting and reconcile sales tax general ledger accounts.
· Assist tire center personnel with questions on sales tax exemptions, use tax reporting, invoice corrections and other general tax inquiries. Provide applicable sales and use tax training.
· General record keeping and retrieval. Maintain tax related training documents, performs tax research, and supports audits conducted by various taxing jurisdictions.
What You Will Bring:
· High school diploma or equivalent and at least 4 years experience in Tax, Accounting, Finance, or related field
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Advanced PC skills including Excel, and Google Suite
· Other desirable system knowledge includes NetSuite, Customer First, OneSource, Vertex, or working knowledge of similar tax determination engines, general ledger and ERP systems
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally (both verbally and in writing) while ensuring that the quality and content of the message are relevant to the circumstances; ability to be an active-listener; the ability to draft, proofread, and send written communications effectively; the ability and willingness to carefully listen to others by asking appropriate questions and avoiding interruptions
· Strong attention to detail
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· The ability to establish and maintain rapport, interact comfortably, and work well with co-workers and others outside the Company. This includes cooperating, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, considering others’ ideas and opinions, sharing information, giving proper credit, and fulfilling team responsibilities
· Excellent phone and people skills to support inquiries
· Ability to manage work assignments through prioritization, paying attention to detail, and optimal time management
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702