Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
This is an exciting opportunity to lead one of Central Oregon’s most impactful non-profit organizations to even greater heights! If you are a visionary leader that is passionate about children, families, and the greater Central Oregon community, this may be your next calling!
Who We Are:
We envision a community where all children and families have the resources they need to thrive! Since 1990 Deschutes Children’s Foundation (DCF) has been providing rent free classroom and office space and no cost facility management for a carefully chosen group of programs in order to build a foundation of success for local nonprofits in order to build a foundation of successful programs providing invaluable support to the children and families of Central Oregon. In the last year we saved our partners over $1.2 million and provided the opportunity for over 60,000 campus visits. Learn more about DCF at: www.deschuteschildrensfoundation.org.
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
What You Get to Do!
Leadership & Management:
· Develop and recommend strategies to ensure DCF’s financial future and fulfillment of its mission.
· Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
· Actively engage and energize collaborative relationships with Executive Directors of partner agencies, volunteers, board members, event committees and funders.
· Recruit, develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio member of each board committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing operations, as well as for future strategic growth and development.
· Lead, coach, develop, and retain DCF’s high-performance staff to ensure effective operations, goal alignment with partner agency’s needs, and regularly evaluate program components, in order to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
· Be an active evangelist for DCF in the community to maintain a positive reputation for DCF in the area, region, and larger nonprofit community.
Fundraising & Communications:
· Develop overall fundraising strategy including expanded revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future expansion.
· Overall oversight of several large annual fundraising events.
· Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations, with the goal of creating a stronger brand and growing individual donations.
· Create, enhance and expand presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
· Identify new funding sources. Create and manage comprehensive grant and corporate financial support strategies and activities, including developing and maintaining strong relationships with grant-funding organizations.
· Design and lead the strategic business planning process for DCF.
· Build new partnerships and enhance current partner support.
· Establish relationships with new funders, foster relationships with current and past funders and political and community leaders with special consideration for each of our campus locations in Central Oregon.
What You Will Need:
· Our Executive Director will be passionate about DCF’s mission!
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, an advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of management experience, experience in non-profit management preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in non-profit fund development including major donor fundraising and donor relationship management. Capital campaign management experience a plus!
- A track record of effectively leading performance-based outcomes for organization and staff.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organization management, with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and interpret and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and recruit new board members.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Must be a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702