Lead Supervisor Fabricator
Located in Carol Stream, IL
ABOUT THE JOB:
Signing Bonus: $1,000 (limited time only - at conversion to permanent)
Rate of Pay: $22.00 to $25.00 per hour (paid weekly)
Overtime Rate: $33.00 to $37.50 per hour
2nd Shift Schedule: Monday thru Friday; 3:45 pm to 12:15 am (Overtime is always available, paid breaks)
Location: Carol Stream, IL (DuPage County)
JOB SUMMARY: Ideally, we are looking for an individual who is a strong fabricator/welder with some supervisory experience, who after a three-to-six-month period of hands-on production work, could transition into the Supervisor role. The Lead Supervisor Fabricator is a full-time teammate who can lead and assist team members to meet production goals with a focus on quality and safety, along with training new co-workers to become better fabricators and welders. The primary tasks to oversee consist of building machine frames and components out of structural steel and tearing down completed machines in preparation for painting and shipping. This leader must be able to delegate tasks among crews and follow up on assignments to ensure quality standards and production timelines are met.
- Fabrication/welding and learning of machine designs and components for the initial months.
- Lead and coordinate fabrication, welding, and component assembly tasks
- Monitor teammate performance and offer teaching moments
- Assure the quality of manufactured and assembled items
- Remain on target with operational schedules and company objectives
- Communicate with peers to maximize workflow efficiencies
- Maintain a safe working environment free of hazards and equipment concerns.
- Assure teammates are motivated and engaged in their work efforts.
Benefits for Lead Supervisor Fabricator:
- Training and teaching provided to learn a new trade
- Heavily promoting from within; multiple career progression paths
- Annual performance review and rate increase
- Earned vacation time and paid holidays.
- Health coverage available
- Purchase assistance for required personal equipment.
- Teammate appreciation events
- Teammate assistance programs
- Good work-life balance including overtime choices.
- Profit sharing available upon reaching qualified service time
- Reimbursement for qualified technical training
- Easily accessible and modern facility
- Clean environment with well-maintained equipment
- Stability of industry-leading company in business 40 years
- Equal opportunity employer: trade school graduates and veterans encouraged.
- Sign on bonus at the time of Permanent hire or conversion to permanent
Job Requirements for Lead Supervisor Fabricator:
- Minimum of 4 years of fabrication experience with various metals
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Good leadership and problem-solving skills
- Prepare work plans and fabrication layouts.
- Analyze and resolve work issues on the shop floor regarding production and safety.
- Read and understand drawings.
- Proficient in welding and fabrication skills
- Working knowledge of saw, shear, drill press, forklift and overhead crane are all a plus.
Express Office: Carol Stream
964 Army Trail Road
Carol Stream, IL 60188