Batcher - Compounder
Located in Texarkana, TX
Position: Batcher - Compounder
Location: Texarkana Texas
Hours: Monday – Friday 2:30PM to 1AM
Pay: $15.00 an Hour
Apply Now: ExpressTexarkana.com
General Description of Job:
The Production Associate is responsible for assisting in batch formulations of all blended materials made for production. This includes following all SOP’s and GMP’s, double sign offs, and filling out all documentation correctly, including cleaning logs. In addition, the Production Associate will be teamed with new employee trainees and will partner with the Chief Science Officer on validation batches for product development. This position will train to act as back up for the Production Team Lead.
- Assure compliance of all policies and procedures including safety, SOPs, GMP, and guiding principles.
- Develop personal skills with all tools available.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Interact with your Production Manager, CSO and Vice President of Quality and Regulatory Affairs.
- Responsible for rotating and inventorying all supplies and chemicals needed for their area, and to let the Production Manager know of their needs in a timely manner.
- Accuracy in documentation as it relates to inventory control
- Accuracy to GMP guidelines for label documentation and weights and measurements
- Computational and conversion accuracy
- Ability to read and follow batching formulas with 100% accuracy
- Able to perform sampling and documentation of manufactured bulk.
- Able to transfer bulk materials into holding vessels.
- Able to compound bulk materials utilizing blending methods.
- This position is responsible, along with the Production Team Leader, for cleaning the production blending rooms, all tanks and utensils used in the production process.
- Model all Company policies and procedures with a positive attitude for team and self development.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary by management.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A High School Diploma or GED is required. College Chemistry coursework is preferred. Math and decision-making skills are essential requirements for this job. Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, and Geometry are the math skills most often used. Mechanical Skills, experience with driving a forklift, and crown certification are required.
The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color recognition.
Additional Physical Activities:
Activity Frequency Importance
Lifting in excess of 50 lbs Frequently Essential
Standing Frequently Essential
Walking Frequently Essential
Kneeling Frequently Essential
Crouching Frequently Essential
Twisting Upper Body Frequently Essential
Sitting Occasionally Marginal
Occasionally the job involves working around irritating noise levels. These levels are not damaging, but can be uncomfortable. The company makes earplugs available. Occasionally the job involves working around machinery with exposed moving parts, which can pose a mechanical hazard if proper operating procedures are not followed. In a typical workday the job may involve working around fumes, dust, and chemical hazards. If a duty requires actual contact with any product, Material Safety Data Sheet information provides instruction about protective equipment that must be worn.
Ability to make decisions and set priorities to include recognizing important elements of the job, estimating time needed to perform tasks, and drawing conclusions about problems/situations based on provided facts as needed to identify problems and recommend actions for solutions, schedule work for self and others, work without direct supervision, and respond to emergency situations.
Ability to interact with supervisors, co-workers, and public to include being flexible with work schedules and requests; remaining calm and courteous and exercising self control when sharing information and when interacting with angry individuals; accepting criticism without over-reacting or getting angry; and being open to and sharing ideas as needed to conduct training, handle complaints and encroachment situations, explain policies and procedures, and maintain good relations within the company.
Express Office: Texarkana
4323 Jefferson Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854