Human Resources Manager
Located in Pacific Beach, WA
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
Human Resources Manager – Seabrook, Washington
One of the Pacific Northwest’s premiere vacation destinations is seeking an experienced HR Manager to join their team!
Who We Are!
The town of Seabrook was founded in 2004 and has affectionately become known as Washington’s Beach Town by locals and visitors alike. Inspired by Seaside, Florida, Seabrook was built with a foundation of new urbanism design, seamlessly connecting the urban and natural environments on a scenic bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Just under three hours from Seattle and Portland, Seabrook also provides the perfect launch pad to visit Olympic National Park, Lake Quinault, and some of the most beautiful beaches on the Washington coast. Learn more about Seabrook at www.seabrookwa.com.
What You Get to Do!
The Human Resources Manager provides leadership and takes ownership of all employment activities ensuring that Seabrook’s culture remains strong and promotes a productive, safe, fair, consistent and fun work environment that promotes employee motivation and performance. This position oversees all strategic and operational compensation and benefits, employee relations and company compliance with all local, state and federal laws, and all company policies and requirements. The Manager of HR is a Seabrook ambassador and role model of the company’s culture and brand. The position is a member of the Seabrook Hospitality Council.
• Actively supports the vision and values of Seabrook by demonstrating commitment to continuous improvement, teamwork, respect, open communication, trust and accountability
• Actively contributes as a member of the management team at Seabrook
• Participates in weekly Hospitality Council meetings, provides insight collaborates on problem solving and decision making and supports the decision and direction of the team
• Manages the performance management cycle, management coaching and training to ensure Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI) and objectives are in alignment
• Provides People Analytics reports (turnover, time to hire, training, etc.)
Culture and Engagement
• Conducts employee engagement surveys twice a year
• Develops Seabrook annual employee engagement plan for the company
• Partners with managers to develop departmental engagement plans
• Oversees and manages the Seabrook engagement committee
• Develops annual compensation, benefits and welfare plan
• Communicates employee value proposition (total compensation)
• Administers all salary and wage decisions; provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices to recruit and retain superior staff
• Participates in company-wide policy making and general operating decisions
• Oversees the development of an annual plan and budget for all HR functions and activities
• Manages and oversees the administration of all employee benefits, including health & wellness, 401(k), worker’s compensation and related plan testing and compliance related activities
• Manages leave administration (FMLA, OFLA, LTD, WC) and COBRA
• Conducts RFP for service providers
• Assists in developing the annual staffing plan for year-round and seasonal employees
• Ensures recruitment for full-time, part-time and seasonal employees is on track to meet staffing needs
• Analyze and review monthly turnover reports; charts trends and collaborates with relevant operational managers to develop recruitment solutions as needed
• Gathers employee feedback on a regular basis
• Develops and recommends actions to address key concerns
• Responds timely and effectively to all employment-related claims and grievances
• Coaches, trains and develops supervisory and management staff on how to handle employee situations
• Develops robust onboarding training plans for employees
• Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding for full time employees
• Develops annual training plans supporting on-going professional development needs of all employees
• Develops and facilitates new employee training/onboarding
• Conducts comprehensive evaluations of all training and development programs to ensure effectiveness
• Ensures all departments have training plans in place
• Works with managers and supervisors to ensures that all department training needs are met in a timely and effective manner
• Oversees and manages the Seabrook Safety program, as Safety Manager to maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Ensures all policies are followed and enforced for outside agencies; including but not limited to DOL, EEOC, and OSHA. • Maintains a safety-first work ethic.
What You Will Bring!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of five years of experience in Human Resources
• HR Certification preferred (PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP)
• Hospitality industry experience preferred
• Bilingual - Spanish strongly preferred
• Customer focused approach
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Personal energy & enthusiasm
• Results focused
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work weekends and holidays as the business requires
• Excellent software skills and the ability to learn new systems
• Passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702