Superintendent - Construction
Located in Chaska, MN
Superintendent - Construction
Austin, TX / Taylor, TX
Express Employment Professionals has partnered with a nationwide provider of integrated construction solutions. Our client has over 50 years of construction services from conventional, industrialized, and interior prefabricated construction.
Immediate need for a Superintendent. Do you consider yourself an expert in construction management and managing diversity in the workforce? Are you passionate about bringing value and life to a project and system?
As the Superintendent, you will have the opportunity to showcase your construction management expertise by being responsible for onsite leadership, management and accountability, preconstruction, planning activities, stakeholder management, and safety. You will ensure that the projects are completed on time, within budget, and ensure safety on job sites.
Do you have the technical knowledge to understand and communicate the client''s vision to a variety of individuals? If so, please keep reading!
- 5+ years’ experience in the field within a commercial construction role, including foreman, project management, preconstruction, and/or operations experience required
- High school or GED equivalent required
- Possess OSHA 10-hour OR 30-hour certification a plus
- Proven knowledge within the interior and exterior construction scopes of work, including one specified scope within the industry preferred, Experience with pre-fabrication is a plus
- Demonstrated computer skills working with various programs including MS Word, Excel, and Sharepoint required
- Demonstrated experience using CRM software program Plexxis and construction project management software OST Quick Bid highly preferred
- Proven experience with understanding and finding innovative productions within commercial construction highly preferred
- Proven leadership of onsite field experience or progressions within commercial construction highly preferred
- Possess driver license with a clean driving record required
Essential Duties May Include:
30-45 days and ongoing:
- Becomes familiar with the company’s project history, core services offered, policies, procedures, and safety protocols and how company differs from competitors.
- Completes safety orientation and role specific training (Learning Management System), harassment training and defensive driver training.
- Reviews all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and, onsite leadership, management, and accountability (LMS) videos independently taking notes and asking questions to ensure understanding and retention.
- Begins visiting job sites with an assigned PM to initiate introduction to onsite processes and staff and to learn regular issues that arise in projects and best practices to resolve them.
- Talks with project Foreman daily to review overall status of active jobs, reviewing issues and potential delays & participates in pre planning activities as needed. Attends Superintendent L10 biweekly meeting reviewing active jobs at or above margins, upcoming jobs, staffing needs etc.
- By 30 days, has established a cadence for walking jobs weekly and has visited all job sites either independently or with an assigned PM to review each job and the status.
3-6 months and going:
- Has completed OSHA 30 certification internal training and reports safety incidents to the Director of Field Operations and Safety Manager.
- Attends monthly oversight meetings and leads progress meetings. Has a solid understanding of productions and is able to lead the review with the project Foreman.
- Has an understanding of how to properly record injuries and how they are tracked as well as the impact injuries have on the calculation of the Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR). In collaboration with the National Safety Director, advises on workers compensation claims as needed.
- By 4 months, is able to problem solve regular issues that arise in projects, reaching out to more experienced team members as needed.
- By 6 months, is seen as a trusted and established member of the company who is 90% independent in the role and is able to complete all job functions with minimal support or review.
12 months and ongoing:
- Is 100% independent in the role and identifies the team members to create succession plans for field members to become a Foreman and Foreman to become Assistant Superintendents. Provides mentorship and training to each team member to support their succession plan.
- Prior to annual performance review, reflects individually over the last year on wins, areas of opportunity, and areas for growth and development. Completes annual performance review with the Director of Field Operations, reviewing performance and career path for the coming year.
COMPENSATION & COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE:
The compensation range for this position is $100,000- $110,000 annually plus performance bonus, based on skill set and experience level.
Health: Medical / Dental / Vision for employees and dependents / Company Sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D / Company Sponsored Short-term and Long-term Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO) (prorated in year 1) / 9 Holidays
Financial Wellness: 401(k) employer match of up to 4% / Profit-Sharing Plan
Location Austin, Tx/Taylor, TX
Apply to www.expresspros.com and submit to Chanhassen.
We look forward to working with you!
Express Office: Chanhassen
2679 West 78th Street
Chanhassen, MN 55317