Located in Columbia, SC
Salary: $15-18/hr. BOE
A health insurance agency is hiring bookkeepers.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine to moderately complex clerical/accounting functions such as inventory balancing, reconciliations, generating refund request letters, processing disbursements and deposits, keying journal entries and logging items in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related financial area.
- May complete special projects.
- Prepares various financial data associated with refunds, invoices, recoupments, adjustments, cash disbursements, deposits, check voids and reissues, disputes, correspondence, or other data in support of the finance or accounting function.
- Ensures data is complete, accurate, and organized for processing.
- Provides supervisor with daily, weekly, and/or monthly summary reports of accounting activities for the position.
- Completes moderately difficult research using financial reporting systems, files, and other means to identify errors such as overpayments or misapplication of funds.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring complex issues to higher levels.
- Performs calculations on financial documents to ensure accuracy of bank deposits, receipts, disbursements, refunds, or other accounting-related items.
- Provides other support duties related to the accounting/finance function that may include monitoring financial systems, keying journal entries, tracking funds, balancing accounts, maintaining inventory and receiving cash funds from customers, etc.
- May assists less experienced bookkeepers as needed.
- Determines, prepares, and distributes correspondence regarding monies due or erroneously received.
- Issues refunds as appropriate.
- Associate degree in accounting/finance OR high school diploma or equivalent + 2 years of work experience supporting accounting functions
- Good oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong business math skills.
- Ability to meet background and drug- screening requirements.
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
Benefits of Working with Express:
- Health, Vision, Dental, Term-life, and Short-Term Disability insurance available
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Pay
Interested? apply now! or call 803-788-8721
Express Office: Columbia
9557 Two Notch Road
Columbia, SC 29223