Assistant Director of Research and Development
Located in White City, OR
Assistant Director- Research and Development – Medford, Oregon Area
Are you ready to be at the forefront of innovation and drive breakthrough performance in research and development? A top Chemical Manufacturing Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Assistant Director of Research and Development to lead our dynamic team of world-class managers, scientists, and engineers. As the Assistant Director, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the organization by implementing cutting-edge strategies and market-driven innovations. If you are passionate about driving innovation and pushing boundaries, apply now to become our Assistant Director of Research and Development.
What You Get to Do!
· Lead and Inspire: Develop and nurture a team of brilliant minds, fostering a culture of out-of-the-box innovation and scientific excellence. Your leadership will empower our team to push boundaries and achieve breakthrough results.
· Strategic Vision: Drive the development and implementation of our overall Product Development strategy, aligning it with our focused vision and market-driven opportunities. Your expertise will ensure that our products remain at the forefront of industry trends and customer demands.
· Resource Optimization: Critically assess and provide constructive feedback on utilizing our R&D and Polymer Plant resources to develop new products, improve existing ones, and explore new markets. You will play a pivotal role in maximizing our resources to achieve optimal outcomes.
· Market-Driven Innovation: Identify and report on opportunities for market-driven innovation that aligns with our vision. Your ability to recognize and capitalize on these opportunities will drive our competitive advantage and profitability.
· Cross-Functional Collaboration: Take a leading role in a collaborative, cross-departmental go-to-market process, working closely with Purchasing, Production, ESHA, Sales & Marketing, and Finance teams. Your exceptional interpersonal skills will foster alignment, trust, and support across all functional areas.
What You Will Bring:
· PhD or Master's Degree in Chemistry.
· Proven track record of successfully leading an R&D team, including scientists and laboratory personnel, for at least 10 years.
· Demonstrated expertise in polymer chemistry/science, preferably with experience in polymer solutions and sophisticated polymer/solvent interactions.
· Experience in developing products from concept to commercialization.
· Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the company's business model, customer base, and financial statements.
· Results Orientation / Personal Accountability: A drive for achieving breakthrough performance and a strong sense of personal accountability and integrity.
· Analytical Skills: Proficiency in compiling and analyzing data to gain strategic insights and support business strategy development.
· Technical Aptitude: Ability to quickly grasp technical product features, customer requirements, and process capabilities to develop winning solutions.
· Cross-Functional Leadership: A collaborative and inclusive leadership style that fosters trust, alignment, and support across functional groups.
· Sense of Urgency / Bias for Action: Proactive and action-oriented, with the ability to navigate ambiguity and make informed decisions swiftly.
· Passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702