Production Leader and Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
Located in Pensacola, FL
Salary: $19.00 per hour
Job Title: Production Leader & Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
Work Hours 4:45 PM to 6:45 AM Monday through Thursday
Summary: The 2nd Shift Production Leader & Machine Operator uses a variety of machines to convert large rolls of paper into smaller rolls and/or sheets, per customer requirements and within allotted run times. As a Leader, this person is responsible for meeting production goals and supporting teammates to meet those goals.
$19.00 + per hour DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Review and understand work order prior to running jobs
- Ensure raw materials are pulled and ready at the machines
- Set up machine to meet order specifications
- Loading rolls on unwind stands
- Running machine at optimum speed for order
- Unloading finished rolls
- Review job quality throughout run
- Verify proper finished product weight, appearance, and packaging
- Complete all computer data entry and paperwork accurately
- Complete daily maintenance of machine.
- Perform daily machine area housekeeping
- Drive and safely use a forklift
- Understand daily, weekly, and monthly production objectives and communicate them to supervised employees.
- Assign responsibilities and delegate as needed.
- Monitor production output and provide directions to employees to improve output.
- Ensure safe use of all equipment during every shift.
- Ensure all team members wear and use PPE correctly when in the production area.
- Be the first line of support for job troubleshooting
- Communicate directly with 1st shift leads, General Manager and HR Department.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High School Graduate or Equivalent. At least three years direct experience in manufacturing. The 2nd shift machine operator must have mastered skills to run their assigned machine independently, effectively, and efficiently. Must have a proven ability to problem solve and work well under pressure.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Must have proven tape measurement knowledge down to the 32nd.
Other Abilities Required:
Forklift operation skills necessary
Basic computer skills necessary – use of simple programs, mouse, printer.
The ability to "think ahead" to prepare for next steps within current job and/or next job.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Lifting machine shafts for unwinding and rewinding paper rolls, maneuvering master rolls to load in machines.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to loud noises (hearing protection required). The production area is not climate controlled. The employee will be exposed to heat, cold and humidity.
Express Office: Pensacola
7100 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504