Entry Level Machine Operator
Located in Portland, OR
Salary: 18.75 + 100% Benefits paid
Job Title: Entry Level Mill Machine Operator
Job Type: Evaluation-to-Hire
Salary: $18.75 per hour - Increases as you grow with the position.
Note - Benefits are 100% employer-paid benefits (including family) upon successful completion of the evaluation-to-hire period with Express Employment Professionals. Think about how much more this is for your annual salary versus paying out of your paycheck for benefits.
We are currently seeking a skilled Mill Machine Operator for our client''s steel pipe and tubing manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating machinery, such as slitters and roll-forming mills, to ensure the efficient production of steel pipe and tubing. Additionally, they will be involved in the maintenance and repair of equipment, as well as performing various tasks using hand-operated, air, or electric tools and gauges.
- Operate mill machinery, including slitters and roll forming mills, to manufacture steel pipe and tubing.
- Maintain the operating condition of equipment and perform mechanical maintenance repairs with the assistance of maintenance personnel.
- Utilize various tools and gauges, such as micrometers, calipers, hammers, wrenches, etc., to perform tasks effectively.
- Safely connect machinery, equipment, and tubes to cranes using cables, straps, or chains.
- Prepare clear and concise reports in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Identify and report potentially dangerous situations to the appropriate personnel.
- Load trucks and railcars with coil and high-strength steel (H.S.S.) as required.
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Essential Job Functions:
Mill Machine Operation - 65% of working time:
- Handle, adjust, replace, or repair parts of the production line or material processed manually if necessary.
- Work at heights up to 50 ft. and in pits up to 35 ft. in-depth, using catwalks and step ladders.
- Collaborate effectively within a team environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Operate cranes and mobile equipment.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
- Possess mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Work with hot materials and in close proximity to equipment flooded with lubricating and cooling water.
- Utilize gas metal cutting, burning, and electrical welding equipment as required.
- Train and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment.
- Load trucks and railcars efficiently.
- Previous experience operating mill machinery in a steel pipe and tubing manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working at heights up to 50 ft. and in pits up to 35 ft. in depth.
- Strong teamwork and self-motivation skills.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting machinery issues.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with operating overhead cranes and mobile equipment is an asset.
- Willingness to handle hot materials and work in a water-flooded environment.
- Knowledge of gas metal cutting, burning, and electrical welding equipment is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to write clear and concise reports.
Note: This position requires successful completion of the evaluation-to-hire period with Express Employment Professionals before being hired directly by our client. Once hired, the employee will be eligible for 100% employer-paid benefits, including coverage for their family.
If you are a motivated and skilled Mill Machine Operator seeking a long-term opportunity in a dynamic manufacturing environment, we encourage you to apply today. Call 503-735-1200 for a phone interview or stop by our office at 4790 N Portland, Oregon 97203.
Express Office: North Portland
4790 North Lombard Street
Portland, OR 97203