Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Located in Alabaster, AL
Salary: $50-55k BASE + up to $65k
Job Summary: A local Shelby County, AL manufacturing plant is seeking a Production Supervisor to oversee day to day operations of their manufacturing processes. You will start on first shift, then move to 2nd shift. Base pay between $50,000-$55,000 DOE, with a quarterly paid profit sharing plan that could equate nearly 40% of annual salary per year (company has a history of paying these generously).
Benefits & Incentives:
- Profit Sharing: Eligibility takes approximately six (6) months from hire date. Quarterly cash payments based on corporate profits in accordance with official Plan Description (could be up to 40% of annual salary!)
- Vacation: Pro-rated for 2023 (depending on hire date) and will follow the SRP Salaried Employees Vacation Policy for 2024, and thereafter.
- Medical and Dental Insurance: BC/BS of AL Medical and Delta Dental offered at current semi-monthly rates in effect at start date; rates subject to change. Benefits begin on report date with no waiting period.
- 401(k) Plan: Company match of 100% up to the first 3%, then 50% for 4% to 6% of deferred compensation. Eligible for contributions on your 1st day of employment.
- 11 paid holidays annually per the SRP Salaried Employees Holiday Policy.
- Company paid Life Insurance: Match salary up to $50,000 maximum. Optional Life insurance is available to purchase for you at low group rates.
- Sick Leave is available as defined by Company Policy.
- Vision and Long - Term Disability Insurance available to purchase at group rates
Here's What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Overseeing all aspects of shift’s manufacturing processes while supervising all shift employees
- Handling all personnel issues—including any disciplinary actions as needed
- Taking responsibility for safety, quality and production on shift
- Ensuring SOP’s are being followed
- Knowing and achieving scheduled production plan
- Holding employees accountable for their actions in regards to production
- Generate shift reports and review/approve all production cards or tally sheets for shift
- Coach, train, and lead employees in all jobs taking place on shift
- Cover for other Supervisors during absences or vacations
Schedule & Pay:
- FULL TIME, Mon-Fri. Will start on first shift, then move to 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) once 2nd shift operations resume
- Will arrive 30 minutes before shift and leave 30 minutes after to ensure shift changes are handled responsibly
- $50,000/yr base annual salary with quarterly bonus potential to equate up to $65,000/yr annual take home salary (they have a proven track record of consistent quarterly bonuses being met for the last 7 years!)
- Will be eligible for the quarterly bonus after your first 6 months
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Fit:
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a production or manufacturing supervisory/management role required
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and JD Edwards preferred
- Rubber molding experience a big plus
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds, perform work in hot environment, and have good hearing and vision
- Strong communication skills required—be able to take on assignments, and delegate appropriately
- Be able to maintain flexible working hours
Many Ways to APPLY TODAY!
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals - Birmingham South, is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in South Birmingham & Shelby County since 2006. We focus on helping people find long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 50+ companies in the Downtown, Over-the-Mtn, and Shelby County areas.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242