Located in Port Coquitlam Central, BC
We are always recruiting for skilled and experienced Machinists for local Tri-Cities based companies. We're looking for candidates with fulltime availability and previous Machining experience. Let Express Employment - Coquitlam help you connect with your next career job opportunity.
Express can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
- Local, Tri-City job opportunities
- Competitive wages ($35 - $40/hour depending on experience and position)
- Let us find you the right company for you
- Continue working while you source your next job
- Working directly with a professional recruiter
- Free service for you!
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines and position or load material
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damage
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as machinist
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g., calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
Express Office: Coquitlam
103-2973 Glen Drive
Coquitlam, BC V3B 2P7