Located in Port Washington, WI
Established Ozaukee County Company is looking for a Manufacturing Lead!
2nd Shift - 3:00pm-1:30am M-Th, OT Fridays
Apply at www.expresspros.com/mequonwi or send resume to Cindy.Schacht@expresspros.com
Looking to join a great company and continue your career!?
This is just the place to do it!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Manufacturing Lead is responsible for assisting the Manufacturing Supervisor with coordinating the day-to-day activities of the department team members focusing on safety, quality, delivery and efficiency. This is to include assigning work, meeting production due dates, interpreting and ensuring application of policies/procedures and coaching/training associates. This also includes assisting Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling, Design, Quality, and other departments ensuring standardized work methods and best practices are being followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Promote a safe working environment through teaching/demonstrating safe behaviors. Work with department employees to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Promote and enforce departmental defined quality procedures to ensure quality parts are made through the use and care of defined measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, and optical comparator.
- Train employees on department equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Effectively communicate with department employees, supervisory staff and supporting operational personnel.
- Ensure department adherence to all company policies.
- Perform both routine and complex operations, set-ups, and trouble shooting on assigned departmental equipment. Assist with material handling duties when needed.
- Assign daily department work assignments, identify scheduling conflicts, and re-allocate resources to support daily priorities. This includes working directly with Purchasing, Planning, Tool Room, Maintenance, etc. to ensure department is setup for success.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering with development/completion of visual work instructions, processes, and ensure employee compliance.
- Participate and champion continuous improvement activities/corrective actions (CAR’s)..
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and five years of relevant experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to accurately measure a manufactured part using advanced metrology equipment (i.e. height gauge, CMM, Comparator)
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including overhead cranes, pallet jacks and fork trucks
- Proficient math, reading and computer skills; knowledge of MS office preferred.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) preferred
- Ability to interpret part prints
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to sit and talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position will be exposed consistently to loud noises and temperature variances.
Express Office: Mequon
11126 North Cedarburg Road
Mequon, WI 53092