Administrative Clerk - Long Term Temporary
Located in Calera, AL
Salary: $18.00 /hr. to start
An established trucking terminal in Shelby County is looking for a sharp administrative clerk who enjoys working in a blue jeans environment to help them keep things on track, stay organized, and help with job applicants. This is a long-term, temporary position (as of now, company does not have approval to hire you to their payroll). ** Benefits provided through Express (see bottom of post).
Here's What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like:
- Provide information to applicants regarding application process, employment policies and open positions.
- Instruct applicants on completing employment applications, review applications for completeness, and obtain additional information from applicants such as work experience, education, training, skills, and references.
- Refer qualified applicants to recruiters or terminal managers.
- Acknowledge applications and notify applicants of job opening status.
- Arrange interview appointments between terminal manager or recruiter and applicants.
- Administer and score tests given to applicants.
- Compile and file data related to applicants.
- Organize and maintain files, records, and lists of all employees.
- Thoroughly check documents for accuracy and completeness; enter data into appropriate software.
- Answer the telephone, transfer phone calls, and have the ability to take and relay accurate messages.
- Create and run reports, using MS Office.
Schedule & Pay:
- Mon-Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Fit:
- Basic to intermediate skills in MS Office
- Comfortable working in a trucking, blue jeans environment
- Strong, accurate keyboard / data entry skills
- HS diploma or GED, OR 3 months of related experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written); personable & approachable
- Able to follow directions; ask questions as needed
- Proven record of dependability; take pride in being on time
- Drug-free workplace; background check required
Location: Calera, AL
Position Type: Full time, temporary
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals - Birmingham South, is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in South Birmingham & Shelby County since 2006. We focus on helping people find long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 50+ companies in the Downtown, Over-the-Mtn, and Shelby County areas.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (counseling & expert advice in many stressful areas)
- Free Online Training
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242