Team Lead I
Located in North Bend, WA
Location: North Bend
Job Type: Full-Time, Contract-to-Hire
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Responsibilities & Skills:
This position is responsible for the daily coordination of assigned area. This includes training and monitoring production processes of a small group of team members. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing a safe work environment, ensuring standard work is being performed, maintaining 5S levels, identifying and resolving quality issues, identifying, and implementing Poka Yoke, addressing line stop/lost production issues, collecting data and maintaining visual displays, participating in RIP’s, and filling in for absent team members on an as needed basis per supervisor’s request.
- Assist leading daily startup meetings
- Assist with gathering department data/metrics for Tier 1 board
- Arrive early to open area and stay late to shutdown facility
- Assists with investigating first aid, near misses, other safety violations
- Use Team Lead Standard Work form daily
- Conducts 5S audits and maintains 5S program for assigned area
- Identifies and resolves quality issues
- Review ways to reduce waste daily
- Ensure product is always protected with proper storage & staging
- Ensure all inventory stock movements are recorded accurately with inventory control
- Answers Andon alarms/board comments.
- Identifies and implements processes to achieve Poka Yoke
- Works with customer service, sales, and quality to resolve urgent customer complaints
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment and tools that improve work flow, efficiency, and team member safety
- Assist with training of new team members
- Good email & phone etiquette
- Communicates company philosophies and policies, teaches and demonstrates work routines
- Maintains records of day-to-day activity including time and materials and process steps.
- Tracks pitch times, tracks quality numbers, and helps to resolve issues.
- May operate a variety of handheld and power-assisted tools and production fixtures
- Retrieves and enters production information onto a computerized data entry screen and/or a custom-designed form
- Reports progress updates, issues, concerns, and achievements to supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
- Minimum of 2 years of informal supervisory experience preferred
- Formal hazmat training
- Forklift certification
- Strong technical ability and understanding of Lean manufacturing Principles.
- Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including experience coaching and training others.
- Strong math skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Skills & Competencies:
- Can meet strict deadlines
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- Analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized.
- Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks.
- Functional knowledge of the process.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good team player with ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability & Accidental Loss Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Six Paid Holidays per calendar year; eligibility requirements apply
- Paid Sick Leave in accordance with WA state law
- Referral Bonuses; eligibility requirements apply
Express Office: Bellevue
4020 Lake Washington Boulevard Northeast
Kirkland, WA 98033