Customer Service Representative
Located in Redding, CA
Salary: $16.00-$22/hr DOE
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative/Associate Customer Service Representative to join our clients dynamic customer service team. This person will respond to all customer requests accurately and promptly, and will assist customers with product pricing, availability, delivery and shipping costs, and order status updates. Responsible for processing orders, preparing order acknowledgment forms, packing slips, and shipping documentation, and following up with customers as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders received via the web, email, fax, and by telephone.
- Enter orders accurately and promptly into the ERP software system.
- Prepare order acknowledgement form and packing slip regarding products, prices, availability, and shipping cost. Consult with the Sales/Product Specialist if prepayment has been received.
- Provide clear concise information to customers regarding their technical questions which must be supported by our technical staff; and handle other issues requiring resolution to meet their needs as directed by management.
- Answer all requests for orders, technical questions and customer issues originating from telephone, fax, mail, and email in a cheerful, upbeat, timely, efficient, and accurate manner. If necessary, consult with management, manufacturing, or other experts within the company.
- Coordinate with the shipping department to determine shipping courier and accurately calculate shipping costs for all orders to appropriate destinations.
- Interact with customers on a regular basis by phone, and occasionally by email to manage the quality and order fulfillment process.
- Prepare and accurately complete order acknowledgement form and packing slip inclusive of the following items: Bill To, Ship To, specific person, fax number, email address, order number, date, terms, shipment delivery time, validity of quotation, product number, quantity, description, price, total US dollars, additional handling fees hazardous materials fees, (if applicable), insurance, and total cost.
- Ensure order acknowledgement form is submitted to the distribution center for processing.
- Prepare order packet containing the following items: Order acknowledgement form, packing slip, pre-authorization credit card code, and shipping cost for each order. Have order packet ready for the accounting department to review and invoice.
- Prepare and complete acknowledgment letter to customer indicating receipt of order, shipment date of items on hand, items on backorder, confirm or correct pricing, and send via mail or by hard copy if required.
- Follow-up to expedite ordered items with purchasing.
- Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Be upbeat and positive. Personally ensure customer enjoys working with our company.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma required; college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of customer service experience is required. Call center and order processing experience preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills. Ability to work well with people. Ability to interface successfully with customers, vendors, co-workers, and management. Must be able to collaborate and interact successfully with customers, managers, and co-workers.
- Excellent computer knowledge, including Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet. Experience with business software programs preferred.
- Must type at least 45 wpm and 10-key by touch.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required. Good problem-solving skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly.
- Must have good math, reading, writing, and spelling skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language, verbally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Must be results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and always maintain a positive attitude
Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift will be between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and may vary based on business needs.
Pay & Benefits:
Hourly rate and title will be commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.09 - $22.61 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
Weekly day range:
- How many years of Microsoft Office experience do you have?
- What Microsoft Office programs have you used?
- What is your typing speed?
- Are you willing and able to pass a pre-employment drug screen?
- Please explain any gaps in your employment history. If you do not have any gaps in employment listed on your resume, please answer "No gaps".
- Our estimated pay rate is $17-$20 per hour DOE. What is your desired pay rate?
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002