Our Tri-Cities based client is currently looking for an experienced bookkeeper to add to their team. This full-time opportunity is great for someone looking for long standing employment with a reputable company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accounts Receivable duties, including entering equipment invoice sales into SAGE 50, bank deposits, monthly bank reconciliations, answering customer inquiries, and collection calls
• Accounts Payable duties, including posting vendor invoices into SAGE 50, balancing all supplier statements monthly, and contacting suppliers with any invoice discrepancies
• Payroll processing duties, including twice monthly payroll (both hourly and salaried including commissions) as well as remittances of all payroll taxes, GST, and PST (around 20 or so employees, most are salaried)
• Benefits administration including adding new employees and processing any changes
• Produce all month-end Financial Statements, General Ledger, Trial Balance and Income Statements as well as quarterly corporate tax remittances
• Process WCB reports and remit quarterly payments
• Administrative duties as well, such as assisting with answering the phone, ordering office supplies, managing cleaning services, and fielding customer calls, questions, and inquiries
• 5 – 10 years of previous bookkeeping experience within a company
• Strong proficiency with SAGE 50. Must be able to immediately jump in and know your way around SAGE 50 without having to search for instructions
• Demonstrated work history longevity. Need at least 3 – 5 years of continuous employment at previous companies.
• Strong communication skills as you will be speaking with customers and assisting in answering the phone
• Confidence, strong customer service skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well on your own are key attributes for success in this position!
• Local, Surrey-based company in business for many years
• Work with a smaller team of people who excel in customer service no matter their specific role
• Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (37.5 hours work week)
• Excellent benefits package