Located in Pacoima, CA
Salary: $17 to $18hr DOE
Full Time – Temp to Hire
$17 to $18hr depending on experience
Monday thru Friday – 8:30am to 5pm
A leading manufacturer of innovative power distribution and lighting solutions for the entertainment, industrial and the military markets, is looking for a Warehouse/Driver to join their team in Pacoima.
***This company is fully vaccinated for COVID 19, to be considered for this position, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 as well.***
Summary: In this position you will load, carry and deliver items between locations and to customer sites. When not making deliveries the warehouse/driver is assigned various warehouse tasks to meet customer sales orders. Will also back up the Shipping and Receiving Clerk, performing a variety of material receiving and product shipping functions in order to meet customer product requests and delivery dates.
- Communicate with production managers to understand what needs to be delivered and to whom.
- Team with warehouse and production personnel to make timely deliveries.
- Securely load materials and items into the truck for delivery.
- Unload and deliver items to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform tasks while complying with company and driving safety rules and policies.
- Maintain a current, valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Immediately update management on any changes in ones driving record.
- Maintain the truck by informing supervisor of mechanical problems and taking the truck to service and inspection stations.
- Carry out all tasks using appropriate safety measures.
- Maintain truck logs and present them for electronic storage.
- Assist with warehouse needs by performing material handling, shipping and receiving tasks as well as other activities as requested by management.
- Identify information on incoming or outgoing shipments using purchase orders, invoices, and other documents.
- Sort, count, pack, label, unpack, and/or log inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify supervisor, manager and/or purchasing personnel about issues.
- Ensure that all available shipments are shipped out to customers on time on a daily basis.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED or any other equivalent diploma.
- Past commercial driving experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of vehicle use and maintenance.
- Effective organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated, effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast paced work environment while meeting work standards.
- Ability to perform tasks in a manner that is safe to oneself and those around them.
- Possess a clean violation free driving record.
- Ability to manage his/her time and perform tasks in a safe and timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to work within production teams.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Certified to operate company forklifts is preferred or will be taught.
- Ability to operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
Monday thru Friday - 8:30am to 5pm
$17 to $18hr depending on experience.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202