Aviation Assembly Tech
Located in Glendale, CA
Salary: $18 to $25hr DOE
Aviation Assembly Tech
Full Time - Temp to hire
Monday thru Friday - 6am to 2:30pm
$18 to $25hr depending on experience.
Busy Engineering & Manufacturing company in Glendale specializing in aviation components is looking for an Assembly Technician to join their team.
Summary: The company is an FAA Certified Repair Stations specializing in the hydraulic component maintenance requirement airlines, repair stations, OEMs and distributors worldwide. With nearly 60 years of industry experience our company has established itself as a leader in aviation. Through decades of experience, they have developed a broad range of repair capabilities for all commercial aircraft types. A key component of this position is to improve work flow, implementing standard work and instill continuous improvement through problem solving methodology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles a range of simple to complex hydraulic aircraft components that require precise placement.
- Orders parts from internal stores for repairs and assemblies.
- Documents repairs and assembly work.
- Uses hand tools and shop power tools.
- Reads and understands internal maintenance documents such as OEM CMMs and shop travelers.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of tooling to facilitate in the assembly of parts.
- Look for process improvements.
- Assist Assembly Supervisor as required.
- Identifying, controlling, and segregating maintenance items in a serviceable or unserviceable state.
- Maintaining traceability on all parts and materials.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and work in moderate levels of noise.
- Has clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (AA or advance degree a plus).
- Previous lockwire experience a must.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202