Located in Glendale, CA
Salary: $17 to $19hr DOE
Full time - Temp to hire
Monday thru Friday - 6:30am to 3:30pm
$17 to $19hr depending on experience.
Busy electrical wholesale company in Glendale, specializing in lighting for residential and commercial applications is seeking a Delivery Driver/Warehouse associate to join their team.
Summary: Seeking a physically strong warehouse driver to fulfill time sensitive delivery duties. The warehouse driver should inspect assigned route sheets, gather requisite merchandise, and then load the delivery vehicle. When not delivering, will be working in the warehouse.
- Load truck accurately and safely for customer deliveries.
- Unload truck as needed at customer and/or branch locations.
- Drive company vehicle to make customer deliveries and stock pick ups, obeying traffic laws and safety procedures. Maintain appropriate licensing, credentials and acceptable driving record.
- Conduct self in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Treat external and internal customers and associates with courtesy and respect.
- Fill customer orders by retrieving material from the warehouse and other locations.
- Check in and put away material, verifying quantities and quality of received material. Maintain clear isles and walkways. Ensure material is properly organized.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of branch, cleaning the warehouse as needed.
- Know location of merchandise in warehouse. Keep material organized and put away.
- Provide assistance at counter if needed. Assist customers, ask pertinent questions, provide information they may need.
- Continuously update product knowledge. Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability. Know location of merchandise in warehouse.
- Report back orders or discrepancies.
- Perform cycle counts as required following through on discrepancies as needed.
- Perform vehicle and/or forklift inspections as required, schedule routine or repair maintenance as needed.
- Maintain presentable truck appearance, cleaning as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner, following all safety rules. Inform manager of any potentially hazardous conditions.
- High school diploma.
- Demonstrable, varied experience as a warehouse driver.
- Valid drivers license with clean background.
- Knowledgeable about relevant vehicle weight restrictions.
- Impeccable coordination techniques.
- Customer oriented, communicative, and efficient.
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy items throughout a normal shift.
- Experience with warehouse inventory management.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202