Located in Sun Valley, CA
Salary: $75k to $100k DOE
Sun Valley, CA
Full time - Temp to hire
Monday thru Friday - 6am to 4pm
$75k to $100k depending on experience.
Very busy concrete masonry producer is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team and drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
Summary: We are looking for someone with a background in the manufacturing industry preferably manufacturing cement blocks, bricks, or some type of building materials like steel, concrete, wood, stone/aggregates, etc. This candidate will have experience in construction, heavy machinery, fabrication, production, and human relations management. This candidate will have experience in construction, heavy machinery, fabrication, production, and human relations management. This person will not sit in front of the computer, but rather manage the daily operations of multiple plants which requires good communication skills, resourcefulness, innate ability to figure out where the backlog or weak link is in the chain when production or output is low be it people, machines, or materials and resolve these issues.
The Operations Manager is similar to the Plant Manager, except the position is of higher reach, overseeing multiple plants. Support multiple locations in achieving plant metrics of safety, quality, production output, labor & overhead expenditures, and customer order fulfillment. Makes sure the plant follows all regulatory and statutory requirements, and operation employees follow all company policies. Takes leadership role and ensures all employees are trained and evaluated on all relevant policies, procedures, and SOPs. Evaluates, recommends, and implements applications of appropriate manufacturing technologies and equipment. Assumes leadership role and assists Lead persons in the day-to-day safety, quality, production, maintenance, materials, compliance, training, and auditing activities.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Ensures production performance to meet safety, quality, cost, and technology standards to fill customers’ needs while maximizing productivity standards.
- Schedules, human and technical resources to produce a plan within all budgetary limitations.
- Takes leadership role in implementation and maintenance of Lean, 5S, and other manufacturing initiatives at the direction of the Plant Manager.
- Participates in the hiring, orientation, and training for new production employees.
- Provides leadership and takes initiative to ensure all processes, activities and use of equipment is performed within a safe, clean, and organized environment.
- Be constantly aware of the process/workplace safety. Notify management to potential issues or shortcomings and provide solutions that are process friendly, cost effective and protect our employees.
- Responsible to ensure all production data input is transacted accurately and timely.
- Coordinates with other departmental managers to ensure operations are following all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Address employees issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Proven work experience managing people.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202