Located in Windsor, ON
Our Specialized Recruiting Group, a Division of Express Employment Professionals is recruiting for a (Full Time - Direct Hire) Project Designer on behalf of our Windsor client.
Perform tasks using the appropriate CAD programs (AutoCAD / Autodesk Inventor, etc.) and computer operating system:
- a) Show an understanding of the computer operating systems.
- b) Perform start-up and set-up functions within CAD program.
- c) Perform advanced drawing and editing functions within CAD program.
- d) Perform file manipulation functions to produce drawings and documents on an appropriate medium using both plotter and printer.
- e) Produce assembly drawings and studies using standard drawing practice, customer, and industry standards. Perform design calculations required to produce a safe and functional product.
An understanding of manufacturing and assembly practices and procedures and perform the following tasks:
- a) Giving directions to detailers and CAD operators.
- b) Receive direction and interface with projects leaders and manager.
- c) Maintaining meeting and communication notes for the project file.
- d) Documenting studies and reports.
-A project designer should understand and visualize the installation and designs being developed. They MUST be able to understand projections and standard grade twelve drafting.
-A project designer should be able to travel, and field walk through and check existing systems and designs for changes, tie-ins, and existing structural components.
-This position requires individuals to possess a college diploma or university degree in engineering or design.
-Previous design / drafting experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset..
Hours and Compensation for a Project Designer
- Steady DAY shift with overtime opportunities after probation
- Benefits, Vacation
- $24-$27/hr depending on experience
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume with Project Designer in the subject line. Please note that all applicants will be reviewed however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Express Office: Windsor
2885 Lauzon Parkway
Windsor, ON N8T 3H5