Simulation Assistant - Local University
Located in Birmingham, AL
Salary: $17.00 /hr. to start
$17.00 /hr. to start. Part-Time, Mon-Fri, 9 am - 2 pm. Occasional weekend work.
You will support daily operations for the Simulation Center at a local University; will work closely with Center personnel to produce high quality education activities for students.
- Work with Center personnel to ensure proper set up of skills and simulation events
- Work with Center personnel to ensure event information is complete and expectations for setup and implementation is achieved
- Set up trainers, equipment, and supplies for simulation and skills events
- Assist with simulation scenarios by running high fidelity manikins; operating manikins, audiovisual systems (Learning Space), and computers
- Break down, restock, and correct placement of equipment after events have concluded; disinfect simulation equipment and supplies
- Linen laundering via in house washer and dryer
- Coordinate with student workers for daily tasks
- Assist in timing of events as scheduled
- Organize rooms, skills lab, trainer shelving and supply closets; report equipment repair needs to the simulation specialist
- Apply moulage (mock injuries) /special effects to manikins for scenarios
- Perform safe disposal of sharps and suture supplies
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Candidate:
- Associate's Degree or certificate from an accredited college or technical school in a health or technology related field required combination of education and experience.
- Min. 1 year healthcare based training experience - can be acute care, community care, emergency care.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite; also in McIntosh operation system & web-based navigation.
- Ability to flex schedule as needed; occasional weekend work as needed.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills - various cultures, backgrounds, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to details and ability to plan, organize and complete work independently with minimal supervision is critical.
- Basic working knowledge of medical equipment, AV systems and medical terminology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons, including developing and using standard operating checklists.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to walk; physical ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. with assistance, prolonged periods of walking and/or standing
- Dependable & punctual; drug-free; background check
You Choose How to Apply:
- Call our office to immediately discuss your interest & qualifications: 205-981-1141
- Submit an online application – click APPLY button below
- Email an updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please add “Simulation Assistant” to the subject line of your email.
Express Pros Birmingham AL South can help YOU land your next JOB!
Building your career. Building Relationships. Like US on Facebook
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242