Located in Newberg, OR
Swing Shift Mon-Thu 3:30pm-12am
WKND Fri-Sun 5am-5:30pm
Performs various machining processes on a variety of machine tools. The machinist is responsible for the quality of their work and is experienced at inspection and familiar with other quality assurance techniques.
- Read and follow daily work schedule and prioritize work.
- Gathers all documentation needed to perform the job. Verifies that the revision levels are current and match.
- Operates mills, lathes, and surface grinders.
- Pulls and prepares raw material to be ready for next job. Cleans and deburrs the material as needed to remove sharp edges and allow for placement in vises or fixtures.
- Operates drill presses, honing machines, hydraulic presses, etc. to perform secondary operations.
- Performs mechanical inspection to verify parts meet engineering specifications.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on various machine shop tools.
- Performs light assembly as needed.
- Assists all cell team members as needed to ensure that team goals are met.
- Performs all CNC machine tool setups with assistance from CNC Journey Level Machinists.
- Performs minor editing of the CNC program and communicates changes to programmer.
- Initiates process improvements including fixture design, tooling upgrades and works with other support team members to follow through on implementation.
- Operates other manual machine tools as necessary.
- Performs any secondary operations as necessary to complete the process in its entirety.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Performs all routine machine tool setups.
- Will operate a variety of machine tools including lathes, milling machines, grinders, hones, etc.
- Performs all quality and measurement functions as related to the machining of components.
- Handles stress in a professional manner, demonstrates the ability to get along with others, demonstrates successful attendance and punctuality, and works overtime / extra hours as required to meet business needs.
- May travel occasionally, primarily in the local area.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 3-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Express Office: McMinnville
733 Northeast Baker Street
McMinnville, OR 97128