Located in Utica, NY
Engineering Manager is needed to lead an Engineering team. Successful candidates will have strong leadership skills along with experience in HVAC or Electrical Engineering skills. Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus structure and excellent benefits package.
Job Duties include:
Planning, designing, and overseeing projects, as well as managing finances and supervising the engineering team.
- Designs, implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
- Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversees project logistics and resource allocation.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Secures the resources needed for teams to excel, including researching and proposing capital investments.
- Helps to create and oversee project budgets and engages in cost management strategies.
- Attends trade shows and conferences and makes site visits to suppliers’ facilities.
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including investors and potential customers.
- Maintains high level expertise in their field or sector.
- Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments.
- Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers
Qualities we look for would be:
Refrigeration Engineer, Service Manager/Design Engineer or Engineering Supervisor
Must have technical know-how with strong soft skills such as a clear communication style, team leadership, and mentoring skills.
New Product and Product Variations Development
Development Plan, schedules and reporting
Job Site Visits as necessary
3D Design, Creative Thinking, New Ideas, New Methods, New Processes
Initial Build & Prototype for Customer and lab test sample (All Models)
Final Production Documentation
Sales and Marketing documentation as needed
New Equipment Sourcing, Applications and Programming
Programing, verification, and manufacturability
Electrical Design and Engineering
Technical Writing, Application specific details
Lead, and participate in restructured quality initiative
BS in Engineering required, Electrical Engineering preferred
1-2 years management experience
Master’s degree in engineering or MBA a plus
Background Check and Drug Screen required prior to hire
Please submit your resume to this posting. You can also visit us online at www.expressmohawkvalley.com to complete our application or contact our office at 315-790-5723 with any questions. Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502