Nurse Supervisor - Honolulu, Hawaii
Located in Waipahu, HI
Salary: $28.00 an hr. +
The Nurse Supervisor directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of the business in accordance with policies, procedures, established practices, regulations, and laws. The Nurse Supervisor ensures that the highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
Essential Job Functions
Taking call during afterhours and assist as needed for resident needs.
- Communicates resident’s care needs with the primary care physician and family/responsible party.
- Following up and carrying out orders from each resident’s physician and related healthcare professionals.
- Conducts proper and through assessments and documentation for new admissions.
- Covering open shifts and providing care needs to residents.
- Prepare and ready for annual DOH survey for each licensed care home.
- Complete Plan of Correction as needed and carry out audits and new procedures as needed.
- Assist in conducting tours of the care homes.
- Following Nurse Manager, to oversees the clinical and psycho/social care needs of residents.
- Conducts staff In-service training, scheduling, and disciplinary actions per policies.
- Assists in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
- Assures safe staff work practices and conducts safety training sessions as needed.
- Supervises and guides nursing assistants to assure daily tasks are accomplished timely.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ employees.
- Provide effective performance feedback through 90-day introductory reviews and annual performance appraisals and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare and administration practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to the care home.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek out new methods and principles and willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Maintains constructive relationships with others while working towards establishing a positive work environment and demonstrating value to all staff and residents to the benefit of the facility.
- Is friendly and courteous to visitors, residents and staff at all times. Models a service attitude towards others.
- Takes ownership in solving problems and initiating improvement found from resolutions while remaining flexible as needed. Follows prescribed dress code on a daily basis. Maintains a professional image to the public, residents and staff.
- Maintains attendance and punctuality.
- Utilizes computer, desk and cellular telephone, copier/fax to facilitate communication internally and externally. • Utilize computer software (MS Office products) extensively.
- Creates and maintains a variety of spreadsheets using computer software (Excel).
- Ability to multi-task in all areas of the position.
- Other duties as required. W
Work Experience Requirements
▪ Intermediate and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software applications. ▪ Strong interpersonal communications skills verbally and in writing. ▪ Demonstrated use of team approach in the work environment. ▪ Progressively demonstrate critical thinking for problem solving. ▪ Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Educational and Professional Requirements
▪ High School diploma or equivalent required ▪ College education and degree helpful ▪ One year experience in Long Term Care preferred ▪ Current CPR and First Aid Certification
Apply online or at our office:
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Express Office: Pueblo
734 West 6th Street
Pueblo, CO 81003